Abin Sur
The Ruger GP 3" 44 spl is
Sunday, August 12, 2018, 07:31

a dandy little gun. Some will find it a bit large for CCW but others wouldn't. The only detriment I see that they have is a lack of good grips. A smaller, round butt (perhaps finger grooved for those who would like them ) custom grips would be a welcome addition for those who want a carry gun for either CCW or just to pack around the woods/farm/trail. Grips would need to come in under the frame on the top of the web and behind the frame rearward of the trigger guard, to get the hand position higher on the gun and closer to the trigger for smaller hands.

The little Charter guns are far smaller but are also less robust for those who handload the 44 Spl to additional pressures. I was delighted with the little Charter "On Duty" model 74410 is a 44 spl with the shrouded hammer. As a bigger fellow, these actually fit in my jeans or vest pocket pretty well. The shrouded hammer helps to keep them snag free.

I think S&W is now offering their model 69, "L frame" sized 5 shot 44 mag in the shorter barrels too. It's about the same size as the GP100. Might be an alternative to look at too. Depends on what you'd like, would be comfortable to carry and what you'd use it for.