Gary Reeder
we have built the flat side Contenders since the late 70s.
Monday, June 18, 2018, 11:16

Lee Jurras showed me one of his custom Contenders that he was building for some race car driver. He was having the grip and forend made of white ivory like material. He mentioned thatif I wanted to build a very special contender, that would be the flat side frames. After talking to him about that I started doing the Contender flat side frames.

We built 25 special flat side frames for Safari Club, for their 25th anniversary.
[image]
[image]
We also did a series of blued flat side frames and the first one shown here became the playboy centerfold in GUNS magazine back in the mid 80s or so.They had a solid gold lion on the side of the frame.

[image]

In the mid 80s we also did a series of our Pirate guns, three slab side frames and 3 or 4 barrels. They were in high polished nickel. All the barrels were 8 to 9" long and they came in a nice hard case. The pictures are funky as I was probably using a $25 camera and that was 25 to 28 years ago.
[image]
There were a lot of other custom TCs thru the years. These are just a few of them.
[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]