Lonnie
After reading Gary’s thread below about
Saturday, June 16, 2018, 06:24

developing his first rimless rifle cartridge, I couldn’t help but wonder if he ever thought about doing a rimless handgun round. Maybe taking a 10mm down to .357? Something between a .357 magnum and a .356 GNR. I’m guessing the thought crossed your mind once when you were thinking of things that would be worse than removing hemorrhoids from a brown bear. Would the hurdles be pressure, reliability, nothing to gain, cost, or lack of appeal? Or perhaps someone else has already tried it. On a side note, last night I was out at a range with a long time friend and his family. His oldest daughter was shooting here Smith & Wesson 686 and she mentioned to me that she wanted to try something a little bigger and take up handgun hunting for deer here in PA. I went over to my truck and pulled out my .410 Stealth Hawk to show her....and she asked if she could try it, especially since she never shot a scoped handgun. We hung up a target at 50 yards and she fired a group that was downright impressive for any first timer! She went through a box of ammo.....170 grain Sierras and kept shooting consistently great groups. She didn’t mind the recoil one bit and was amazed when I told her how much power the .410 GNR has. I think I may have given a little 5 foot 110 pound college girl handgun hunting fever. I offered to take her hunting this year and let her try out my Stealth Hawk on a PA whitetail. She jumped all over that offer! After our range time we came back to our place for a cookout and her and her dad both kept asking questions about handgun hunting. When they were getting ready to go home, I handed her one of your books and told her to enjoy the knowledge that it contains. She and her dad were both really excited.