WB
I know many American scople lines have models
Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 06:58

for economy that are either assembled from parts in Asia or perhaps built in Asia. On Ebay, I see Zeiss and Leupold scopes new in boxes with papers advertised shipped from China. Not cheap economy lines but the good stuff. Like a VX-III for $150 new delivered, no tax, etc. Even if you are not daring enough to have a cheap one shipped from China (some inexpensive parts I have ordered were promptly delivered from China - just fine) what if an American bought one and re-sold it. Are you getting actual factory spec. quality? Just a heads up as to the world market perils. It sure seems seedy and underhanded.

Hey some of the motorcycle, chainsaw, and car parts I've ordered from China are exactly the same as on the counter in your corner parts dealer. That's where THEY got it too. I have noted descriptions in advertising being switched to sayings like "Real American Quality" or "Engineered and Assembled in America" etc. what does that actually mean? Just buyer beware!

P.S. That comparison I did with the new fangled Vortex (4-16X 42mm) and all the knobs on it vs a late Leupold VXIII 3.5-10X 40mm more conventional. I find the Leupold MUCH more crisp and clear viewing/light gathering and the weight difference is huge! The Vortex with all the extra parts weighs 6 oz. more or 50% heavier! 13 oz. vs 1 lb. 3 oz., what are you getting for that extra 3/8 of a pound to carry? Interesting.