Larry Fry
FWIW, I have a Burris Black Diamond
Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:01

4X16X50 30mm scope on my 300 winmag. Superb optics for clarity and I have not cut a eyebrow or cheek yet! I think it is a little much for 416 rigby as I could never see you using the high end of the magnification for anything practical. I use the parallax feature by setting it on infinite and leaving it there. At close ranges I have not experienced any parallax worth mentioning and at long ranges (600+) yards, parallax could make a difference if it weren't for the wind, difference in height etc, etc, etc. LOL. I love mine but it is NOT a cheap scope. I think I would go with a good fixed 4X and just practice at different ranges just to see where impact is. Of course this is just my opinion, but if you want to do real long distance shooting get a .408 cheytac or a good 338 Lapua Mag and put a Nightforce scope on it and really spend some money. I have seen outfits that cost over 18 to 20 grand at long range shoots. Best laugh I have had in a long time was a young lady about 25 or 26 or so got on the range next to a "Mall Ninja" with Barrett 82 with a Nightforce scope and the BOSS system installed. Range was 800 yards. The young Miss had a Winchester Mod 70 in a 308 with a Leupold Gold Ring scope and no electronics. Beat the dude hands down in a shoot off. Just a little Thursday night humor to help end the day......