Gary Reeder
personally, other than a back up to your back up
Monday, April 16, 2018, 11:03

I wouldn't carry anything under a 9mm. The 9mms these days are the same size as a lot of the 380s so size is not a consideration. Just out of habit I have carried a 45 since the late 70s. I would never recommend a 380, 32 or 25 as a primary concealed carry piece.
Thru the years I have carried a Budischovsky 25 ACP in my cowboy boot. But it is simply in a last ditch situation when all else has failed.
[image]
[image]

On long trips to custom gun shows where I was on the road by myself, I had little piece of shit autos stashed everywhere but again these were just in case some fat girl decided to take advantage of me.

A cop friend in Florida that was in our gun shop just about everyday (we were next door to a donut shop) told me he carried 3 or 4 "throw down" guns on him all the time. One in each ankle holster, one in a small of the back holster, a small one in a pocket and his normal Glock issue gun. He told me about situations where he and a couple of his buddies were jumped on by several Jamaicans and he had to depend upon those little hide out guns. After that when on a trip by myself I started stashing little P.O.S. guns everywhere. A couple of them are shown below. All my hide out autos were the same caliber, 25 auto, so I didn't have to worry about carrying a lot of extra ammo. And remember in a situation where you have to use something like a 25 auto, it won't knock the bad guy on his butt. But it will hurt him and when he sees blood on his chest or stomach that will normally persuade him to get the hell off you.
[image]
[image]

A little 22 mag Hi Standard went inside my other boot..
[image]
[image]

But for concealed carry, don't depend upon a little clunker like these. Go with a good quality 9mm or 45 that you can bet your life on.