O’ Gary
Did a bunch of fireforming and some shooting
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 14:53

today. Started out alternating between 32-20 -> 218 Bee then switched to forming 400 GNRs. I think I may have made a mistake in annealing the 30-30 brass in that I got some flow when I blew out the cases. I’ll have to figure out a way to trim/sand the cases back to length.

I lost 3 pieces of Bee brass and 2 400s. I got 1 hourglass 400 from flow. Oh well, live and learn.

Then came the fun, 500 GNR, 10”, Mini Beast at the range. I had several come over and ask about it. I had a guy video my non event muzzle flip. Rose maybe 2” or 3”. Brakes really work. I was shooting 370 gr GC with 30 gr of W296. I started to zero at 25Y but left it 2” high there only adjusting windage. Nice tight almost all touching group. I moved to 50Y and the elevation seemed to rise another inch. It could have been me but I think the bullet was still rising(?). Tweaked windage a bit. The 370 GC on top of 27.5 gr I4227 we’re very pleasant. I had a rvery rubbed pinky finger from the finger grooves in the black Encore grip which I need to address.

Thanks Gary, the 500 is a fun gun to shoot.