WB
On the lighter side....
Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 11:43

It rained 6" last night. My day began at 1 am when an operator called and said he could not turn off the water plant. 6,000 gpm coming in and no place to put it. I drove into town, Main St. barricaded, flooded out. Had to detour around. Finally got into the company truck and drove to the dark spooky river in the dark rain. The river as not over the road but rising fast. I got the pump shut down. Back in the truck I tried to turn around in the tight space, can't see good on a bright sunny day, much less in the dark rain. Nosed the new Ford just over the rip rap and tried to back up. Dug a little hole in the gravel. Crap. With the electric transmission you can't really rock things back and forth, the electric nanny won't let you. I did lock in the electric differential so both back wheels had power. No room to move more than inches forward. Finally figured how to work the electric parking brake and put some large stones under the front and then swapping and rocking to do the same at the back wheels. The entire time I was being heckled buy a boisterous group of Sasquatches. I could hear them laughing in the dark woods. It took about 20 minutes but I sure didn't want to walk a mile out of the woods in the wet dark, I did have my headlight. One of those Bigfoots might have been in love or something. Got back home at 3.

This morning beginning at 7:30 we have several problems with remote tank reporting and pumping. I'm driving all over listing to music and checking equipment. What a mix, ZZ Top, ABBA, The Hollies... Bang my Shang-a-lang Fernando all I need is the air you breathe... While out I did segway to the hardware store to get a brass rod to make into a range rod to beat a stuck projectile (?) from a revolver barrel, but that's another story. Life is such an adventure.