SPB
and a link for the congress and a sample letter that I sent.
Saturday, February 17, 2018, 17:28

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

In the wake of the tragic events that transpired in Florida this week, many of your colleagues are rushing and using the horrible event to attempt yet again to disarm the American people.

There is no way to not hope and pray that this type of thing never transpires again, however, banning and confiscation of firearms will not stop it from happening. You and I both know that if a human being wants to kill another, he or she will get it done. It has unfortunately been going on since Cain and Able.

A firearm is a tool, nothing more, it is the use or misuse of a tool that makes the outcome good or bad. The real problem is the human heart, and no law no matter how strict will ever reach that source.

Sir, more laws are not the answer, we already have more than 30k laws on the books and more coming every day, laws are like locks on doors, they are made for honest people.

I could go on ad nauseam, however you get the message. The only additional thing I can add is to quote your college Trey Gowdy, "show me a law that would have prevented this, and I am on it!" The simple truth is, that laws can never and will never stop this type of tragedy from happening.

Please exercise common sense and do not allow the United States of America to go down the path that so many dictators have taken, the path that has led to millions of lost lives, review history, look at the evil that has followed bans and confiscations and stand and preserve our second amendment rights.

Sincerely,