Shawn Davis
Having been to the lovely island if Hispaniola
Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:51

And numerous countries on four continents I can safely say the term "shithole" is being generous! Yet, paradoxically, the island itsself is a tropical paradise. So, why is Haiti the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere? Because of the corrupt shithole government!

When there, I will get stopped numerous times by any lowlife cop or federale with any authority and obliged to pay the "gringo tax" if I want to do any business there; all the government officials need to be paid off. Foreign aid coming into the country largely goes to the government officials; it rarely reaches the little people who are kept just at subsistence levels.

Want to speak out? Change the system? Have the means to defend yourself? Didn't pay off the right person for some sham you were accused of? You will be beaten, jailed, or perhaps killed with no recourse.

If these places are so wonderful, why is everyone clamoring to get the hell out? Haitian boat people anyone? Funny thing, this was Obama's dream (for us) from his father!