Huey
It takes a Hick to understand a Hick...
Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 23:26

And its difficult for others to comprehend just as it is for me to understand city folks.

But, my grandfather raised free range hogs. That is, they ran free and ate what they could find. There was salt cured meat, but no refrigeration. They ate what they could kill.

Few today really understand that. I mean we take Moon Pies with us to go hunting. In those says it wasn't so.

So, I grew up with tales of hog hunting. To them the 25-20 was nothing less than a God send.

Powerful enough to drop the biggest hog without spooking the herd. Many underestimate just how dangerous hogs can be. I've seen good hunting dogs killed and tires flattened by hogs attacking vehicles.

Now, the 250 GNR effectively duplicates the 25-20 of that era. If it worked then, it will work now.

Granted, my Dad always told me to shoot them between the eyes. Magazines writers today go for the biggest target and a Whiz-Bang SuperMag, but not me.

I've often wondered what those old folks could have done with the advances in guns and optics we have. Not to mention my Honda SxS.