WB
I found it! Lost for exactly a year in a closet.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 08:47

My custom .45 Super barrel for the G21. Blake graciously loaned tooling and tips to the project. I placed the kit in a Tasco scope box, just found it! The 5.5" stainless Lone Wolf barrel has been long throated to flatten the pressure curve and I really like the tri-port expansion brake I sourced off the net. I used a #24 spring on a stainless captive recoil rod. (Mods all critical to regulate recoil effects and slide opening - validated by my frame by frame video investigating) While Blake perfected a jewel of a 1911 .45 Super with 185/200 gr. jacketed bullets I wanted to break new ground and pursued cast. It worked for me installing "plain base gas checks" onto target bullets. The 200 gr. cast bullets show even less pressure at 1400+ fps, 230's are only 100 fps less. It makes an ugly, utilitarian, superbly accurate and reliable self-defense walking gun. 13+1 rounds and another mag would be fine in any kit. Plus both Blake's 1911 and my Uber-Glock shoot standard .45 ACP just fine.

I'd not advocate just anyone try to mimic either of us in our antics but perhaps it's bemusing. Hot rodding the 1911 requires much forethought as does tricking the Plastic Wonder. Not for the average Joe.

[image]

[image]

[image]