WB
Yeah, .577 Snyder is everywhere for $2-4 each
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:08

uses rifle primers. I see many use the .58 Minnie balls as projectiles, that is handy too. A RB would suffice too I figure. I'd lay off the shotshell idea with a muzzle break. The pellets begin expanding, even with a plastic wad, at the instant it leaves the muzzle. That is actually 2-1/2" back inside that break.

I once had a cool old High Standard shotgun, marketed by J.C. Higgins, that sported this wild looking early break and choke system called a "Power-Pac". I liked it because it looked so sinister. There was about a 1" open space between the muzzle proper and this beginning of the choke. The wad was actually inside the choke before the back exited the muzzle. So far so good. But While dove hunting I noticed some material stacking up under the break around the choke body. Every shot cut a little doughnut and slid it up against the internal end of the choke. It was a booger to unscrew but I slid off 7-8 little plastic "bands" that had been flared out and cut by the expanding wad as it transitioned from muzzle to choke. Extending that thought and distance the pellets would be a messy situation.

Also Long ago I read where O'l JD Jones split a muzzle brake with cast bullets flaring at the base due to too high pressures and smacking the break upon exit. Just FWIW.

[image]