WB
I'd not quote grains to be used as you really need
Monday, September 18, 2017, 08:31

to work that up to the gun. Sean uses IMR 3031 I think, among others. I used 4064 with is a little bulkier and not quite as hot. (I may be getting that mixed up with the .378 GNR but it applies as well) I used an odd even bulkier powder, BLC-2, the old military powder for 7.62 NATO. The burn rate was pretty well suited for good velocity from the Encore barrel. Mine was a 14+2" brake. The fun trait of BLC-2 is a brilliant muzzle flash! Boy what a fireball, you'd think it inefficient and it may be a little, but I got 2600 fps w/200 gr. Hornady and safe pressures. I'd also note that IMR 4895 is also a good powder to use. The case was about full with BLC-2, I used Fed. #215 Primers, and I did not compress the charge (way, way over 60 grs. - ENCORE ONLY). So many variables with bullet seating to the lands and load density, my loads would do you no good. Just start low and work up, I never had any changes in accuracy as I went up. We were after Y-O Texas Blackbuck and anticipated long fast shots where we needed to anchor that little speedy antelope RIGHT THERE! It's $2500 if you find a drop of blood, no matter if you ever see it again. Both Doug and I were successful and it was a really nice life event to set out a goal and achieve it together in one weekend. Good times!

*That is my load testing scope a China 2-7X for $50. Hunting I used a Weaver 2.5-8X.
[image]

It was spitting snow that morning!
[image]