Gary Reeder
that was the 255 Cast Performance bullet. They have since
Saturday, February 04, 2017, 10:30

dropped that bullet (morons). It is a great bullet. I think Montana Bullet Works has the same bullet in the LFNGC which is even a better bullet. That same bullet from CP took this Central African Buffalo (Savannah Buffalo), one shot in the 410 GNR..
[image]
[image]

That video was picked to send you guys because it shows how tuff African animals are. That Red Hartebeest was shot in the chest, the bullet ranged all the way thru him, staying under the hide of his rump, yet he ran for a quarter mile. The tracking took over 30 minutes (I cut that part out of the video) and he was hit twice more and then still tried to get up as they got near him.

That same video shows a big Blue Wildebeest shot point of shoulder with the 378 GNR and he runs off. The herd leaves him, as they usually do, and he goes off in another direction. We follow him and I hit him again, pretty much the same spot (John points out the 2 shots are almost in one hole later in the video). he staggers off again. I hit him a 3rd time with the 378 GNR, this time I aimed for just behind the shoulder, hoping for lungs. Again he walks off. A 4th shot, pretty much the same spot on the other side. he falls own but tries to get up. I hand the Encore to one of the trackers, pull the 510 GNR revolver out and run up to him. I end up hitting him 4 times with the 510 GNR before he finally gives up the ghost. All the shots could be covered with a saucer on the point of shoulder or just behind it and it takes 8 shots to put him down. Just a typical African animal.

On another hunt Colleen shoots a Grey Duiker (a 35 lb animal) with a 270 rifle borrowed from John (our guns and luggage got there a day late).
At the shot the animal slams to the ground, gets up and runs off. We go to where he was hit and his heart is in a bush behind where he was hit. He still ran a good 300 yards before dropping. You will see that on the next video.