AmBraCol ⌂, The Center Of God's Grace
That brings back memories...
Saturday, April 27, 2024, 06:55

"max load in the manual". :-) Down in the Amazon Basin we didn't have much to choose from. Never saw a Colt of any description, the "smeetchy" as the Smith and Wesson was called by the locals was well thought of, but not available other than occasionally as a basket case black market item. So when I was able to move up from the Ruger MkII that somehow managed to find its way south to a center fire it was to a Rossi 6" barrel vent rib sixgun, similar in size to the K frame Smiths. I'd trade one reload for 6 empties and never had a shortage of brass. The local shop sold Epecial de Caça smokeless which, it turns out, was similar in burn rate to Bullseye. A bit of Unique had made its way south as well and was used for heavier loads. The 38 Spl has long been a favorite of mine as it's "perfect" for 90% or more of my shooting. The rare occasion when a hunting trip occurs (once every few years) then the 45 Colt or 44 Special get the nod. But the "lowly" 38 really does most of what I need in a centerfire. Just wish I spent more time where reloading is legal and possible. Those days of old are sorely missed at times.

--
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. Those involving teams and balls of any sort tend to be deleterious to one's body and promote violence by both spectators and participants.