AmBraCol ⌂, The Center Of God's Grace
Those old 67's remain one of my all time favorites.
Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 07:34

Rich Hoch gave me one that he cut down way back when for his grandkids. He put a Mossberg side mount and a... can't remember the brand 4X15 or something like that - straight steel tube - scope on it. I always thought it'd be nice to have iron sights instead of that scope, but it's given good service over the years. And even with my gorilla arms that short stock isn't a problem. When we lived up on the Western Slope I'd keep it on the floor boards of the sedan behind the front seat. Had a few rounds in my shirt pocket and as I'd be driving back onto the place where we were staying I could grab the rifle and poke it out the window to nail prairie dogs, muskrats and other vermin. Made a lot of first shot kills with it it. It wouldn't group for sour apples, but first shot out of a cold barrel would be right on the money.

--
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. Those involving teams and balls of any sort tend to be deleterious to one's body and promote violence by both spectators and participants.