WB
No vintage Single-sixs’ injured in the photo
Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:45

I bought this literally just for the genuine Sam-bar stag grips! It is a nice unconverted 1958 vintage. Actually the grips are worth more than the .22! The scope set is at least a decade later. It’s a no-drill top-strap clamp type. It was made for the adjustable sight OM model single-six. This earlier six-gun has a drift adj. rear dovetail sight that hangs off the sides of the flat top strap about 1/8” each side. So to let the clamp fit flush I drilled a couple shallow 1/4” holes on the inside of the mount to allow clearance. It works!

I like the closer to period scope with 1.3x, same as just looking at something, but the clarity and light gathering is enhanced. One precise aiming point to deal with is simple too. I have the mid-70’s 2.5x Phantom but it’s longer, more bulky. What’s a realistic range anyway 50 yds?! It should do. Seems to manage sub 2” groups if you hold it right.

[image]

Will a later model stainless steel cylinder fit the earlier Old Models, as far as the pawl gear etc.? I have an extra cylinder somewhere I considered fitting and turning into WMR, if it might be compatible.