WB
As a boy I really lusted for one, but $500!
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 07:54

In the mid-late 1970's. Later in life I stumbled upon an affordable one to try. I did get to really test it out and learn a lot about it. I'll never forget the time I spent on my hands and knees in the grass under my bench looking for the dropped "bolt accelerator".

I realized it was too valuable for me to goof around with and it's, now vintage, innovation was lost on me. I passed it on to a friend to sponsor an adventure and can't look back too sad. But I'd sort of like it had I not sold it.

The grip angle never fit me and I could not see the silver front sight well. But it shot literally like a rifle! The recoil spring system is actually similar to the very first big bore semi-auto, the MARS .45! But that's another story.

I actually tested some 310 gr. cast bullets and it shot them suitably. I loaded them down however to function, not hot loads. Even 240 gr. SWCGC bullets shot and fed fine. Thankfully I used Starline cases and did not have to inside neck ream .30-06 brass! It was a good experience.