WB
A less discussed Reeder super round...
Monday, February 12, 2024, 19:49

Sometimes a .22 is just a little too little. The 6mm was born from the need for a varmint round that would also do nicely for smaller deer and antelopes (I'm told). I think a man named Warren Page was instrumental with the development of the .243 cal.

[image]

This little Contender .240 Raptor rig is top level. I was able to push a 85 gr. at 2600 fps. 105's at around 2300 from the short barrel. The .240 Raptor is all the fun of a .257 Raptor but in .243 caliber. So efficient and flat shooting. Almost no recoil too.

.240 Raptor formed case and a parent .204 Ruger. Ample neck keeps bullet centered and very accurate.
[image]

Long ago from the Y-O. I was sick with a cold but couldn't miss out on the good time. I just grabbed a .378 GNR Encore and took off. Garnered a nice cull buck right at 100 yds. after it jumped over the hill country makeshift fence. This is looking west, just N.E. of Charlie Mill area.

[image]

Doug took a nice Sika with a 6.5mm Swede before the .264's were all the rage. I think we were pretty far N.W. of Charlie Mill here. West of the old Jail. Looks to be just before noon by the shadows.

[image]

Here he is with a young Eland at the skinning shed. A guy shot it with Bob Baker's prototype FA2008 in .375 Win. cal. using factory Winchester ammo. Shot it twice I think.

[image]