Gary Reeder
Tits on a chicken. Why on earth would S&W
Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 16:30

put this funky cartridge in a 6 lb revolver. It is the same revolver the 500 S&W is chambered in and the 460 S&W too. I realize the rationale behind it as the cartridge is longer than a standard cylinder, but why put a hemi engine in a Volkswagen bug? Money talks.
It is funny how money talks these days. This cartridge holds 2 grains more powder than the 357 Maximum yet they claim it to be the all time greatest hunting cartridge. Look at the new 30 Super Carry cartridge. They come right out and say it, that it has less power than the 9mm. Yet several big gun companies are already jumping on the band wagon and chambering it in their pistols. Money talks.
I am all for new cartridges that actually have a reason to be. Like the 9X23 Winchester. A great cartridge. More power than a 9mm or 38 Super yet no gun company jumped on it and started chambering it in their pistols. Why? Because not enough green backs were passed around to the right people.
In this industry, more than in most other companies, money talks.
The above comments were put here by a grumbling old fart that has a problem with tits on a chicken.