Gary Reeder
My opinion for what it's worth. This is from hearing
Tuesday, August 09, 2022, 17:58

guys complain that they bought the high dollar scope their buddy recommended and it is fuzzy to them. Look thru as many scopes as you can. Pick the one that is clearest to your eyes and don't go for the most expensive scope either. On expensive scopes you are paying extra for the name. Years ago we carried the expensive scopes in our shop in Florida and after looking thru a lot of them I realized that to my eyes the Burris was a better scope. Kase did the same and he said the Leupold scopes were clearer to his eyes than the scope that was twice the price. So don't expect the more expensive scopes to be the best. Remember those scopes got their reputation from the PHs in Africa. Back in the early 90s there was an embargo on Africa and they couldn't get American scopes or other gear over there. All they could get were the expensive European scopes. They would give their virgin sister for a Burris, Leupold or Redfield scope. The guys that hunted Africa would give the scope off their hunting rifle as a tip to the PH. We did that too on our first 3 or 4 safaris. Plus the European scopes were cheap in Africa as there was no import tax. I took several Leupold, Burris and Redfield scopes off our rifles (Kase's and Colleen's) as mine were handgun scopes and gave them to the PHs. But the high dollar European scopes got their reputation from the PHs having them on their back up rifles and the clients assuming that meant they were the best. It was not because they were better, but because that was all they could get.
So all this is adds up to is don't grab the most expensive scope just because. Go with the one that is clearer to your eyes.