Steve W
Thanks, Bob!
Sunday, August 07, 2022, 15:19

We just rolled in the driveway last night. That was the toughest hike of my life. My boys ate it up and spit it out, but I really had to work at it.

It is funny - when that black bear trotted into our camp, the FIRST thing I thought of was Scotty! She didn't want anything to do with us, though. I got video of her and her cub passing through. She didn't stand still long enough for photos.

We didn't see any grizzlies, but I am pretty sure one roared at us from higher up the mountain as we hiked up the White River on the third day. Sounded just like what you hear when Hollywood makes a grizzly roar/growl. I would like to be able to say we saw one at a distance, but I'm 100% fine with not having had an encounter. A hiker we met later in the trip ran into one on White River Pass the day after we were there. His story was close enough for me. LOL

I'll post pics and a synopsis as soon as I can. I'm trying to get them off my phone right now and it wanted to do a back up and software update, first. Grrr...