WB
Anyone actually own a Ruger LW Commander?
Friday, June 24, 2022, 08:54

I keep looking at it. My old glovebox gun has not been loved much, a Glock 30S. It's perfectly wonderful for it's purpose, just not all that loveable except for it's efficiency. It's small, light, holds lots of cartridges, and goes bang every time, sending a bullet close to where I point it. I also have it's bigger brother the G21.

That little light weight Ruger Commander is appealing. 10 oz. less than a Govt. and a full handful of a familiar grip. I noted the unique features Ruger addressed for a LW 1911, great additions.

They made the plunger tube, normally atop the left grip panel, an integrated part of the frame, it won't fall off. Also they made a titanium insert into the alloy frame feed ramp. Some of the old Federal Ordinance alloy frames used to crack at the safety pin hole, I take it that area has been improved? I also liked the idea of Ruger installing a light titanium firing pin that needs the full inertia of the hammer to fire. It's less likely to exhibit an A.D. if dropped on either end. Very impressive all round!

A plus, the good Novak sights that are less snaggy and easy to see. The Commander shooter gives up 2-3 rnds. capacity, the ability to stick on a light etc. I believe they both weigh the same loaded and are the exact same width. The Glock is a little smaller but the added sight radius and more grip to hold onto aid shooting at small expense of bulk.

Does anyone regularly use one currently?

[image]