Jim Taylor
THANKSGIVING REMINDER
Thursday, November 25, 2021, 06:06

I would like to encourage you to take Thanksgiving Day and spend the day BEING THANKFUL! It is very easy to be not-thankful if you watch the news or think about some things too much. So for a day, make the effort to think about the good things in life. Yes, I understand that times can be hard, that we have lost loved ones, that life may be going in a direction we do not like or agree with. I DO UNDERSTAND THAT! I am not saying “pretend everything is great.” I am saying STOP AND BE THANKFUL.

Because there are things in life to be thankful for.

Start thinking about them! Let your thoughts dwell on what is good. Don't let negativity have a place in your thinking for at least this one day! Several thousand years ago a Middle Easterner wrote these words: “Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. If there is anything worthy of praise, think on these things.”

I think that's pretty good advice and the challenge is to do it for an entire day. Since it's “Thanksgiving” what better day to give it a try?

And ... I am thankful for you on this Forum! You are part of my journey in this life and because of you my life has been made richer and more interesting. Thank you!