Gary Reeder
you guys that hunt with a revolver I have one of the neatest
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 12:54

shoulder holsters ever. And I thank John Taffin for the inspiration. The closest I have seen of one of these was one that gunfighter John Wesley Hardin carried under a coat. This holster is simple and perfect for the handgun hunter that carries a revolver. The holster is flat against your ribcage and there is a half moon spring , leather covered, that holds the gun in.
[image]
[image]
[image]
The muzzle goes in a small cup at the bottom of the holster and that's it.
[image]
[image]
The holster top strap goes over your shoulder and there is a leather strap that goes over the shoulder and attaches to your belt on the other side. Very simple without a bunch of straps and odd things to make it work.
[image]
The sideplate is double layered and sewn to keep it flat against your rib cage. These holsters are made for me by my Amish holster maker and are made of the finest cowhide and double stitched in areas where any pressure might be. I put a 7 1/2" Ruger Bisley in mine and it worked fine. The spring that goes over the cylinder is plenty tight enough to keep it from falling out but easy to get out when you need it. Right now I only have them in 6" and 7" and only for center fire revolvers. no rimfire holsters yet.
My first order just came in and I have a dozen 7" right hand, and 4 7" left hand. I also have a dozen 6" right hand and 4 6" left hand. These should run around $250 but to let you guys try them out they are priced at $195 plus shipping.
[image]