Gary Reeder
had a friend call this morning with a problem.
Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 11:47

He and his buddy couldn't believe it when nobody was bidding on 2 rifles at the NRA dinner last weekend. One in 6.5 PRC and the other in 300 PRC. He was tickled shitless that they won both guns. Now he knows why nobody was bidding. There is no ammo to be had. He said he has called around to every gunshop within 150 miles of his house and he said not only did they not have any ammo but most had never heard of the calibers.
A wise man once said, "if the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
We had a lady in this morning looking for the 7mm SAUM (Short Action Ultra Mag). Same story. Nobody had any, including us, and her husband's hunt is coming up real soon.
Folks that bought all the WSMs, Ultra Mags, SAUMs, etc are crying the blues these days. They passed up on the 7mm Rem. Mag and the 300 Win. Mag so they could get that projected extra 50 FPS in one of the Ultra mags and now they are out of luck for ammo. And the 7mm Rem mag and 300 Win Mag are both readily available.
These shortages are hurting just about every shooter and hunter around. And the reloaders too. I have talked to most of the other guys going with me on the lion hunt next week and they have been doing what I have been doing, trying to find an accurate bullet with what is currently available. We thought 2020 was a rough year, 2021 looks to be even worse.