WB
I'm buying a replacement bullet oven...
Friday, April 16, 2021, 08:35

My other one literally blew up, electrical short in the element. Scared the crap out of me. It arced for a good while before the breaker tripped. Way too long to suit me! Cheap Wal-mart stuff.

I have calibers the Lyman 450 lubesizer is a total peach to work with. This is not one of them. Also My "hard" lube ran out and I made a mistake to chase it with a "soft" mostly beeswax no heater lube. I get it set and it only sometimes squirts lube under the bullet concave base (too big checks on a .40). Then I get a partial blockage and GOO!

Last time I did 10mm with checks I painted the bullets Red and it helped all round. I could use the thinner checks I had in inventory and they fit OK and no gooey lube. I'm headed back that direction.

I decided to use the LEE die to pre-size and install the checks making the lube process on the Lyman easier. I was asking too much and getting off center shearing marring some bullets. This did remedy that problem.
[image]

My Calico mixed lube efforts, I should know better.
[image]

A nice squirt under the base where there is a small void.
[image]

A little more pressure on the plunger rachet, since the lube was not fully filling. BOOM! Yuck! The hard/soft lube mixing is the likely problem.
[image]