GregG
Doug, I'm so sorry this happened to you and Alcorn
Wednesday, April 07, 2021, 14:21

I have been challenged at the airport and the feeling of helplessness, when you think you have done nothing worthy of their notice, is extremely disturbing and disorienting. To be at the mercy of dis-interested bureaucrats is infuriating. On a similar note, I did a lot of research on the shenanigans pulled in the developing world and was on the lookout for it at the SAP office in J-Burg. Those scamps would fill out their form that your carry into the bush with you while hunting and intentionally transpose two numbers on the serial number of your gun, then "catch" it when you try to leave and accuse you of smuggling. The scam was o get you to pay a hefty fine to make it go away and not suffer incarceration. Cheese dicks. And wouldn't you know it, I caught them transposing two numbers on my form and refused to leave the SAP office until they changed the form and initialed their change. Thank God I used a meet and greet service that advocated for me. I know how much you were looking forward to this and you must be devastated. My thoughts are with you. Try and shake it off, learn the lesson and focus on the future.