WB
It's interesting reading of the penetration of the little RB
Thursday, March 04, 2021, 09:26

I had a 1858 Remington ball bounce back and hit me in the ankle so hard I thought it went clean through. I had shot the fork of a Black-jack Oak at 15 yds. It did not penetrate it. The tree or me, thankfully.

I make these archery targets for target pointed arrows. You make a 2x4 "box" with legs and overlay big truck inner-tubes, loose, not tight, strung across with a bit of overlap. Front and back side too. With a target point (not cutting broad-head) it will stop about any arrow and you can pull it free with only two fingers. The holes basically self heal.

I shot this target at 30 yds. with my 2nd. model Colt Dragoon and a full 40 gr. charge of Pyrodex and 138 gr. RB. Six times. A couple weeks later moving the bow target three round balls rolled out the bottom. They were caught between the two layers of floppy inner-tube! I also was told a story (by a terrible stretcher of the truth) how he and his brother got into mischief. Granny had some sheets out on the clothesline in the breeze. They were taking turns shooting the sheets with .22 shorts from a single shot rifle and it was making long gray streaks on the sheets from the lead skidding and being directed at the ground. He said they got a good skinning for that. Not sure if it was true, just enough plausibility to make me wonder.