WB
I'm a captive buyer, can't do much. Worrying 1/10th cent
Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 16:05

per gallon is beyond my abilities, the math hurts my head. On a trip to Orlando with the family a mother in law squawked about gas prices at every station trying to pick the cheapest gas. "That one it 3 tenths cheaper!" I had to pee in some shady stations because they had gas tenths cheaper per gallon.

Finally I snapped, and gave her a little math lesson. The Suburban we were in got about 20 mpg on the highway. It was a 1,000 mile trip or so, that's 50 gallons of fuel to get there. Two tankfuls maybe. At 5/10th a cent per gallon (that's a nickel for us hillbillies) that's a whole $2.50 cost savings for the trip. Turkey legs at Disney World were $4, it wouldn't buy one with all that effort at savings. There is a difference between being cheap and thrifty/practical. It's a shocker but I'd don't look at gas prices. I need it, I'm there, unless it's some goofy price I'm in for 20 gallons. A nickel a gallon will net me $1 for the whole for the tank but I like a well lit place with a clean bathroom.