WB
A good illustration why Southerners cock a brow
Saturday, November 28, 2020, 20:24

when their Western cousins talk about 400 yd. shots. Now in the delta you can shoot a mile, but this is thick growed up central AR "hunting" land. I have 107 acres of this morass. I've not been back in here for some time (long story) but went today to begin planning on opening up some driving trails. We had to use loppers and a chainsaw to get the Gator through some spots but now we can kind of get around.

I saw so many scrapes on little pine trees, and I was not looking for them. I took a moment to photo one fresh track, likely last night.
[image]

There is a tree ladder stand maybe 15', just left of center in photo. I was tangled up in saw briars and into the sun. This is the "cleared" lane I will be bushhogging soon.
[image]

Open clearing with a elevated black feeder and metal stand if you can make it out.
[image]

Looking across my west fence line I see my neighbor has a good lane picked out, and a nice box stand.
[image]

This is one of the fancy boxes my passed step-dad's brother is trying to claim. Have fun getting it out. This is along the road, on the south fence, 75 yds. behind the old 1910 railroad trestle.
[image]

This is down on the creek, one of my favorite old haunts. My granddad taught me to trap Coon with little victory traps with tin foil around the trip. Positioned in the shallows set to drown him when curiosity got to him.
[image]

[image]