WB
That is making me go look...
Friday, October 16, 2020, 12:23

I have several. One is an early long action snubby. Ugly gun that was likely re-worked in the late 50's early 60's. It is Chrome (not nickel) plated and has a later barrel with ramp type sight. It's supposed to have a little thin half-moon front sight to be period correct. This is a picture of "as acquired" pimp drop gun. I have since added some later factory service stocks (forgive me JT) and a Tyler grip adapter so I could actually hold it to shoot. Also Gary gave me a correct target trigger shoe (again forgive me JT) that helps me with the trigger reach. These early guns are not the same rigs as later models. My mods allow me to actually shoot it and not re-adjust my grip between shots.

[image]

Another heirloom is a wartime Victory model marked "U.S. Property" that my Grandfather bought from the U.S. Postal service. It's .38 Special and parkerized. They actually keep an arsenal (most folks don't know that) and I guess they had an upgrade. He carried it as a horse mounted deputy. It mimic's the one he was issued as an Air force police officer (whatever they call them). I had to "restore" the gun with correct period grips and scrounge a proper lanyard loop too. It's been in my family at least 60 yrs., which is longer than me.

[image]

I also have a M66 4" that is a delight and a M64 HB. I'm not sure I don't like the fixed sighted HB a little more than the 66. I shoot 158 gr. SWC cast almost exclusively through my bigger .38's. In the past I used 5.5 grs. of Unique, until Hornady changed the manual so that is now a light .357 data loading. But I'm not picky anymore with propellant and run anything from Bullseye, HP38, to AA #7. It always still carries the mail. Here in Arkansas I'm seldom actually "needing" more gun.