Gary Reeder
yesterday for most of the day I felt like I had been
Monday, August 10, 2020, 17:14

shot at and missed and shit at and hit, so I spent most of the day relaxing on the couch back in my trophy/reloading room with a couple of our new pups, Gatling and Rabbit. And yes we have a pup named Rabbit.

Anyway I also did a lot of reloading for this week as I usually do on a Sunday. I found myself looking for older boxes of primers as these were just for test firing and not hunting. I crawled under my reloading bench and pulled out a lot of crap I had planned on using "some day when I had time". So I made time. I found little baggies of unknown primers that I had picked up in an estate sale. They were small something primers so I will use them in cartridges that require a small something primer. I also found boxes of OLD Remington primers. I think some of the Remington primers are corrosive as they are rounded like primers in a lot of older ammo is. But most of our test firing is before we do the finish work so any corrosive residue will be lost in the bluing tank or the bead blaster.

Talking to folks every day about the lack of primers right now and for the foreseeable future has it's effect on me too. I have plenty of primers right now but if this drags on for a minimum of 120 days which some of the primer manufacturers say it will, primers may be like money in the bank.

By the way, here are Rabbit and Gatling..Rabbit is the white girl and Gatling is the black & white girl. And getting them to sit still for a picture is like herding cats.
[image]
[image]
[image]