Larry Fry
I have 3 short barrelled .45acp's.
Sunday, August 09, 2020, 11:35

A first run custom shop 3 inch alloy frame with steel interiors, a Kase operated on 3 inch Springfield GI model that looks nothing like original in blue steel, and a Taurus PT145 double action. The 1911'a have a great trigger pull and are accurate with 230 grain hardball at POA at 7 to 15 yards. The PT145 is accurate out to 15 to 18 yards but has a loooooong trigger pull. Takes some getting used to but is very accurate and easy to carry and chambers the 230 grain hardball easily. I have fired a lot of rounds though each pistol and for close range they can't be beat in my opinion (for what thats worth) for up close and personal confrontations. The GI model is heavy but if I had to put my life on the line, that is the one I would choose. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands so I have gone to a 9mm in a Glock 19. Yeah I know, everyone can quit making hex signs at me, LOL. I would like to see the Ruger 1911 in a 9mm and try shooting it to see if I would like to try carrying it, but for now, at least until the virus crap is over and the world quits trying to buy all the guns up, I will stick with my G19. More bullets and less wear and tear on my hands.