Rsim
May 8, 2018 we left OH for FL and I
Saturday, August 01, 2020, 06:38

brought a large amount of ammo/reloading supplies. Also bought a few 4# jars of powder when we arrived. Being retired, I'm at the LGS/Range 3-4 times a week and that means using ammo, about a box a visit, sometimes less. Months before COVID, I stocked up on ammo, especially 9mm & 5.56. I reload/handload the rest of what I use. Doing the math, I have what I need for the next 2-3 years. If the supply doesn't "normalize" fairly soon, I'll have to adapt and cut back.

Most of the shooters I hang with at the LGS did the same or similar months before COVID. Why? We used it, often. Today, so many are frantic to buy just a box or two, especially 9mm, 45ACP, 380, etc. They only bought what little they were using until the well ran dry. Like Huey stated, many travel hours to find what they can buy.

Like Gary stated in the last Gun Notes, this next election could/will change the way we live, just like COVID. The owner/manager of the my LGS has a large ammo locker at his home. He has brought some older stuff to sell to the "needy". Good guy, definitely an "unbaptized" Misfit...

Did discover yesterday, that some are building 7.62x39 ARs or AKs just because the ammo is in greater supply. Parts are available, but very expensive. Sad in a way, supply will dwindle and soon be scarce.

If the Dem/Libs prevail in Nov, all I see is conflict. Freedom isn't free, I hope most of our kind choose to step up and fight for it the way our fathers did...we shall see. I know I'm ready and at just shy of 70, not much else to lose. The Oath states: "...all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC."