Grover Sr
Winn it depends on what you want to really do
Sunday, May 31, 2020, 05:57

With it. We've had popup trailers, Aframe folding campers, teardrop and travel trailers over the last 50 years. I like the Aframe such as Aliner and popups for the light weight and towing. We like state parks and military campgrounds. The popup and Aframe are available with cassette toilets so no running out at night to use the bathroom. We would always use the showers at the parks even when we had larger travel trailers with full baths. We averaged at least 40 nights a year camping. Small camper = low insurance rates $150/year. I have a friend who has a motorhome, His insurance is over $2,000 a year. Had to put new tires on it this year - another $6,000. Averages 6-8 mpg on the road. Pulling my popup and Aframe decreased my truck mileage from 21 mpg to 19 mpg. Tires every three years with bearings packed/replaced and brakes serviced on them was $300 or less. We always bought units with A/C. Instead of running the furnace in winter we used portable electric heaters (why burn my propane when I am paying for a site with electricity?)