WB
Loading some BIG rounds today...
Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 15:16

Processing the brass is the most laborious, basically like a big .30-06. I'll certainly segregate my brass from now on. There is a huge difference in surplus product fired from say a M2 over what I shoot in our bolt guns. The brass stretches horrifically and needs almost 1/10" trimmed off. Spec says 3.9" but I usually run back to 3.875". I cheat though, use the lathe. Literally chuck the case and cut that sucker.

[image]

You can see the different marks on the datum line on the shoulder. I can't FL size sitting in a chair, I have to stand up! Also note how you lubricate a BIG case. Make it greasy or shed tears later. ALWAYS better to have too much rather than too little. The primer pockets all have to be reamed by hand. Not too fun with arthritis.

[image]

[image]

[image]

I experimented a little and you can neck-size only but there is not that much difference in my gun chambers and FL size, minimum specs. The rifle does not stretch cases like the BMG.

My loading is backed off about 10% from top loadings listed. That's (25) grains less!

I do have some bigger ammo to round up. Don't let Denning see this though, he does not need one. He's much better off scorching bras and panties, he'll only get into trouble.

[image]