WB
My daughter is into "Magnum PI" episodes
Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 14:26

My poor children had to suffer The Beverly Hillbillies, and Twilight Zone, Andy Griffith, The Brady Bunch, etc. She loved "Wanted Dead or Alive". Now she'd found that she prefers the campy plots and humor of the older shows.

She is totally put off by Magnum's mustache though! LOL Totally grosses her out, calls it a hideous caterpillar! She exclaimed why did they have those back then? lol Anyway there is not all that much gun-play but I have seen some lately while she watched. The Villains usually sport the classics, snubby revolvers or smaller autos like the Walther , even a .25 in one. Magnum of course is an ex-Marine so he carries a Govt. 1911. Higgins, quite suitably, had a Webley .455 MKIV that Magnum borrowed and got wrecked. He also was sporing an UZI to use from the helicopter on one episode. One sniper was tracked down since he used the classic .303 British.

I know it is mostly the work of movie armorers but at least they wrote Thomas Magnum to use a 1911. That does add to the story line for me. I love how he tries to stalk another car, a 6'6" guy in a fire-engine red Ferrari 308, not conspicuous at all.