Gary Reeder
sorta on the same subject, when i was a senior in high
Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 13:29

school my uncle who was only a few years older than me went to a special auction in Nashville of police cars and bought a '58 Chevy that was supposedly the high sheriff's personal chase car. It had belonged to Sheriff Leslie Jett and had some big whoop de do engine in it. The main thing it had that I had never seen before and never have since was the transmission. It had 4 on the column. The 4 on the floor was just getting popular and was something new but Jett has apparently asked for 4 on the column. It was really weird to watch my uncle shift into reverse, which put the lever almost straight up in the air behind the steering wheel.

My uncle was kinda my hero back then as he drove fast cars and spent a lot of time bedding high school girls. A couple of years later after I got into radio and was working at a radio station in Paducah Kentucky I bought a white on white '58 Chevy. White car with white rolled and pleated leather seats and white carpet and would run like a scalded cat. Then when the 64 1/2 Mustang came out I had to have one of them and the '58 Chevy went bye bye. Good memories.