WB
A fine example. Every true enthusist needs his.
Saturday, March 28, 2020, 13:42

I had one done to my specifications, reflecting my personal character and likes. Mine's probably too flashy, and I like .40 S&W that few others see my angle. But I get my friends give me unwanted .40 brass, seat it long, and dose up as a full 10mm.

However the 9mm cal. gives up little to my favored .40 S&W revolver load. A 155 gr. .400 plated hp at 1250 fps. *Thanks Huey. You can load 158 gr. cast in a 9mm case and just let the .356" (re-sized) bullet hang out a little into the cylinder chamber throat. Some .358" will likely stick in the 9mm cylinder chamber throats. The 9mm case gets thick a little fast for the bullets much past 140 gr. That's why many 147 gr. 9mm projectiles have a tapered or boat-tail.

Overall for .40 S&W I really like the old Lyman/Ideal 170 gr. SWC HP cast at 1100 fps. Tolerable in a light gun it sure hits hard. The fragile nose imparts commendable energy transfer with the remaining solid base continuing to penetrate deeply. A real sleeper bullet, from 100 yrs. ago, in any .400 cal. gun.

Double custom, before customized .32 H&R, and after; a little more serious and versatile .40 S&W. The little .32 H&R demanded bullets .311-.312".
[image]