gary reeder
that long thread below about changing the gripframe to an
Sunday, March 15, 2020, 14:09

aluminum one baffles me. Why? Does 3 or 4 ounces make you either a better shot or a worse shot? Are you so puny (and I don't think any of you are) that carrying 3 more ounces will break your back? If you want lightweight, then carry a lightweight semi auto for defense. If you are out doing the bunny hop in the bad part of town, or at Wallmart looking for TP (both dangerous endeavors) then a Glock 17 makes more sense than a 6 shot revolver. Or if you are hunting, then the couple ounces extra weight can help keep the gun steady for that offhand shot. For a hundred years I carried a Contender plus as backup one of my Auto Mags, and the Auto Mag is much heavier than the TC. Even now in my "twilight years" (I like that term. Don't understand it but I like it) I carry a TC and my Alaskan hunter in 429 GNR as back up. So if this old goat can carry an Encore or G-2 with a full size revolver, both loaded, why are you pussies worrying about 3 ounces extra weight.If 3 ounces will buckle your fragile bodies, leave 3 rounds of extra ammo home. That will save you the 3 ounces.