Howard
PA sheep show, AK hunts
Monday, February 24, 2020, 07:47

I was looking for an interesting hunt and many auctioned hunts go for less than full price so I joined Eastern Chapter of Wild Sheep Foundation and went to their Expo in Lancaster PA recently. This was in a Marriott, about 400 people and 65 exhibitors. Over 100 auctions in 2 days, everything from gear, inexpensive fishing trips, many US hunts, European and African hunts. A Sonoran sheep hunt in Mexico ($50K book value) went for $32K, the outfitter was one of the exhibitors.

In 2013 I went to Alaska for bear, preparing for this I bought some DVDs including one that took place on Kodiak at Rohrer Bear Camp.
Rohrer’s were exhibitors at the Lancaster show. I introduced myself to the owner and told him how much I enjoyed the DVD. He said one of the hunters from the video, Dale, would also be there. I later recognized him and introduced myself, he was very nice and invited me to sit at his table for dinner. Turns out he’d been on the Board and past President of the club Chapter. He’d hunted and fished with Rohrer’s many times.

I won the auction for Sitka deer at Rohrer’s this November or next year, less than 70% book value.
Dale also told me he was going for SE Alaska coastal black bear off a boat in June 2021 with Adams Alaskan Safaris.
Adams was also an exhibitor at the show and I signed up for this trip too.

So the show turned out much better than anticipated, I made some good contacts and I’ve got 2 Alaskan hunts to prepare for!
Thanks for reading this.