Gary Reeder
that is the difference between me and you and a dog named
Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 17:48

Boo. I never load my hunting loads down, ever. I load all of them with the load I would use in Africa or wherever. If I have a hunt coming up I want that handgun to be sighted in perfect with the load I will be using on the hunt. And with Murphy's Law, if I have a hunt for big game, I will grab the box of pussy loads.

My 450 GNR and 310 GNR ammo left from my last African hunt is still sitting on the shelf where I keep my hunting ammo. For the 2018 hunt I loaded 50 of the 450 GNR and 50 of the 310 GNR. I used 2 of the 450 GNR and 4 of the 310 GNR, so I have plenty left. Before my next Africa hunt in May I will shoot both guns a few times to make sure they are still sighted in and that's it. If I had been drawn for the elephant hunt I would have done a lot of shooting with the new 417 GNR which is considerably hotter than the 416 GNR or the 450 GNR. But I didn't get drawn (there were only 2 permits in Namibia for bull elephant) so no problem. And no biggie. The taxidermy company in Africa lost my big Cape Buffalo hide and horns so they are paying for me to hunt another Cape Buffalo. So that is my goal right now. John, my PH, seems to think we can find a buffalo bigger than my one that was lost, even though it ranked #2 in the world/handgun. It may be farther down the record book now as over a year has gone by, but again no big deal. Any hunt in Africa is a great hunt, and I am looking forward to it. This will be my last Africa hunt and I want it to be a good one.