KevinT
Sheep
Friday, January 17, 2020, 06:59

The Yukon is divided up into areas and each outfitter has a assigned area, I believe something like 15 outfitters handle the whole province. Could be why the prices are what they are, that and the logistics of getting into your hunting area is pricey. Usually the bush flight in is not included also, bear that in mind. However, In my opinion you cant go wrong with any of them, But they are expen$ive and to rich for my blood, believe me I would love to go there, But $$$$
Alaska is getting more expensive, not as bad as the Yukon but getting there. A tip would be, if you can fly up there on short notice, find an outfitter or 3 you would like to maybe go with and see if they have any, or wait for, potential cancellations. Booking agents can help here to, if you want to go that route. Usually you can have that hunt for about $1000 off, then do a little negotiating. Guys just don't do that when it comes to hunting trips. They'll go to a gun show and argue for an hour for 20 bucks on a beater shotgun, yet just pay the asking price for a hunt. Try it sometime, you would be surprised.