WB
Back in teh 1980's I was assembling an AR in my shop
Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 08:23

Actually in a corner setting in the floor. My carpet was selected to mimic dirt and debris so foot traffic would not show as bad. Alas, it was the most efficient camouflage for any spring or pin I ever saw. I was attempting to set a detent and spring when it launched. Even then, not without some experience in such matters, I went stone silent, quiet, listening for the detent to land. Nothing.... I sat there for a few moments knowing it could have landed on the creases of my jeans or whatever, and planning my careful next move to search methodically. Suddenly the part landed in my lap! It had a hang time of perhaps 45 seconds in a room with an 8 ft. tall ceiling. The only thing I could figure was that it poked into the acoustical tile material that has pores in it and stuck for a bit. Gravity overcame it and it plopped back down. At the time I had ordered a kit from an old place I used to do business with "P.W.A." and they indeed included every pin, spring, part to the letter. NO EXTRAS. Getting another part was a real pain, took a couple weeks back then in snail mail and phone call days. I learned to order extras like that for sure. I still have some of them too, 35 yrs. later.