WB
1911 10mm project....
Wednesday, January 08, 2020, 11:27

I bought a AMT Javelina 5" 10mm from Doug. He gave me a great deal and I liked coon fingering it beside my recliner in the evenings. Seemed it has lots of shooting potential. Sort of like a cobby Gold Cup, flat rib slide with adj. sights. etc.

Researching the 10 I ordered some parts. Decided on a re-hab spring kit (all springs inclusive) with "standard" .45 weight springs. Also I ordered a square bottom firing pin retaining plate. Wanted stainless but only the blue was flat topped like I needed with the rear sight cut-out. But I got a rounded stainless on the way, I'll have to grind it to fit. They require fitting anyway. I also found that it is suggested a very snug fit on the right mortise in the back of the slide to lock the extractor in place. References stated it stops the movement and rotation enhancing reliability. I am currently retaining the full length guide rod and plug with a buffer system. The flat wire spring needed either a different spring stop or the FL rod. I just ordered a kit with 18.5# round stock spring.

[image]

My hope is that manually cocking the hammer (I still want a 23-25# main hammer spring) I can manipulate the slide to chamber a round. As is I really, really, can't chamber a round without great difficulty. If my hand slipped with my thin old man skin, I might need stitches! We'll see how it goes. It's very emasculating. If this does not work I'll have to move it and stick to Glocks.

[image]