WB
Slept on it...
Wednesday, January 08, 2020, 08:57

I will be interesting to see how Ruger managed the designs. The .22 and 57 should both have a "fixed" barrel pinned to the frame. This would be very aiding as to accuracy. But maybe they have another trick. Most of the 57's have some type of "delayed" blow back and that will be interesting too. I know lots have whizzed on the 5.7 cartridge and rightfully so. It is strictly a specific military number that they have worked at transitioning to the self defense and sporting realm. Like the .22 magnum is to the LR, a little faster in the handgun, and a much better bullet to work with. So is the 5.7 to the .22 WMR. The little pocket rimfire key points will be ease of manipulation and reliability, along with price point. They should sell a zillion of them.

The Python is a heck of a tough act to follow. The frame looks more robust as it should be, from what we've learned all these years. Fat in the forcing cone area, maybe more so than a M27? Some measuring would be interesting. I can't figure the MOA accuracy of the original Python can be managed but you tell me. Will it be my $1500 worth? ($2000+ until they get in general circulation). I liked the feel of the old King Cobra but mine just never did shoot like I thought it should. The old Trooper MKIII had some issue with barrels loosening. I figured the rifling twist had something to do with it but never investigated it. Could the bullet hitting the forcing cone unscrew the barrel? Maybe just torque forces of recoil. A Gunsmith friend told me 40 yrs. ago, "they do that", $12.50 please. Took him 10 minutes to remove the cylinder, cinch it in the vice, and using his special built tools to re-align it precisely.