gary reeder
the Dan Wessons were the favorite in the silhouette games.
Wednesday, January 01, 2020, 22:22

mainly because they had a short hammer fall, something like 25% less travel which usually meant less chance of pulling off the target before the hammer hit. The Pythons got their reputation mainly due to their smooth action, not necessarily their accuracy. I had a 6" blue Python in the late 70s that i tried handgun hunting with. I don't know if it was the accuracy of the gun or my piss poor shooting but it was never a success with me. Deer that i hit walked off and required an extra shot or two. Finally totally discouraged with it I sold it. I found the S&W model 27 to be much more accurate for me.

In the mid to late 80s due to good friend Seth Wesson and him furnishing every new Dan Wesson Super Mag available, Kase and I both adopted the DWs as our hunting revolvers due to their power and accuracy. Kase still has his 445 Super Mag DW.In the pics I am using a 445 Super Mag on a couple of the critters and the 375 Super Mag on the white Fallow deer, Kase is also using a 445, while my gunsmith Mike Thompson is using a 375 Super Mag.We sold a LOT of the big Dan Wessons and some of our customers are shown here with the 445 and 375 SM.And a couple of pics of DWs.[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]