Gary Reeder
from what I was told back when the AMT
Thursday, December 26, 2019, 12:12

clones were out, Ruger's patents were still in effect. Remember, that was almost 40 years ago. Those patents are apparently not still in effect so all is wide open for other companies. AMT was forced to drop their 10-22 clone and the MK.1 clone due the patents still being in force back then.

Several years back, '06 or '07 I hunted in New Zealand for Red Stag and a few other critters. In the evenings we hunted Possums with silenced Roger 10-22s using spotlights. I was told they has some 22 Magnum 10-22s but I never saw any. We hunted in Ford pick ups that were made by Mazda and were the Ford Falcon model. They had Ford Falcon sedans, pick ups and station wagons, all made by Mazda. Anyway the Ruger 10-22s were the favorite guns for night time Possum hunting. And these were not like our opossums. Same name but a different critter. Possum fur is a big business over there with sweaters, gloves, jackets and such being made with possum down fur.
The possums come in several colors. Here are a few of them.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

If you saw the movie Gremlins, the Possum looks exactly like a Gremlin.
[image]

Also on the night time hunts we shot a lot of Wallabys, which are like midget Kangaroo. They are really good eating, as is the Kangaroo. The dog sniffing the Wallabys is a Dingo brought over from Australia as a pup.